Retrophin names John A. Orwin to board
Mr. Orwin is a biopharmaceutical industry veteran with more than 25 years of experience. He has served as chief executive officer of Relypsa since 2013.
Previously, Mr. Orwin was chief executive officer and a director of Affymax.
Before joining Affymax, he held leadership positions in marketing, sales, and operations at Genentech, Johnson and Johnson, Alza Pharmaceuticals, Sangstat Medical Corporation, Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, and Schering-Plough.
Mr. Orwin currently serves as a director of Seattle Genetics and Array BioPharma.
Mr. Orwin earned a bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University and master’s degree in business administration from New York University. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- CBRE Group appoints Beth F. Cobert to board
- Cloudera appoints two to board
- Verifone appoints Rowan Trollope to board of directors
- Catasys appoints Christopher Shirley as CFO
- Silicon Valley Bank promotes Michael Descheneaux to president
More inside POST
Cross-department collaboration Leadership