Retrophin appoints Roy D. Baynes to board
Dr. Baynes currently serves as senior vice president of Global Clinical Development at Merck Research Laboratories.
Prior to his role at Merck, Dr. Baynes was senior vice president of Oncology, Inflammation and Respiratory Therapeutics at Gilead Sciences which was preceded by his service at Amgen as vice president of Global Clinical Development and therapeutic area head for Hematology/Oncology.
Before joining Amgen, Dr. Baynes was the Charles Martin Professor of Cancer Research at the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute at Wayne State University. He has authored more than 150 publications and is a member or fellow of several international medical societies.
Dr. Baynes received his medical degree and doctorate in philosophy from the University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa, and completed his medical training in the Department of Hematology and Oncology at Johannesburg Hospital. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- AzurRx BioPharma appoints Vern Lee Schramm to board
- Nature's Bounty appoints Mark Gelbert as CSO
- Global Net Lease appoints Christopher J. Masterson as CFO
- Bristol-Myers Squibb appoints Saurabh Saha as SVP
- GAIN Capital appoints Joseph A. Schenk as chairman
More inside POST