Qualcomm appoints James Thompson as new CTO
Mr. Thompson has been a member of Qualcomm's Executive Committee since 2012 and has led QCT engineering since 2004 with responsibility for creating and executing on our industry-leading roadmap.
Throughout his tenure, Mr. Thompson has served in critical engineering leadership roles as the company established our leads in WCDMA, LTE, Wi-Fi, camera, video, graphics, audio and DSP technologies.
Mr. Thompson received his bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as his doctorate in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- LPL Financial appoints Scott Seese as CIO
- S&W Seed Company promotes Mark W. Wong to CEO
- Adverum Biotechnologies appoints Athena Countouriotis as CMO
- RF Industries appoints Robert D. Dawson as CEO
- Smith Micro Software appoints Timothy C. Huffmyer as CFO
More inside POST
Spain inflation at 5-month low Economy