Qualcomm appoints James Thompson as new CTO
Mr. Thompson has been a member of Qualcomm's Executive Committee since 2012 and has led QCT engineering since 2004 with responsibility for creating and executing on our industry-leading roadmap.
Throughout his tenure, Mr. Thompson has served in critical engineering leadership roles as the company established our leads in WCDMA, LTE, Wi-Fi, camera, video, graphics, audio and DSP technologies.
Mr. Thompson received his bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as his doctorate in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- CBRE Group appoints Beth F. Cobert to board
- Cloudera appoints two to board
- Verifone appoints Rowan Trollope to board of directors
- Catasys appoints Christopher Shirley as CFO
- Silicon Valley Bank promotes Michael Descheneaux to president
More inside POST