Qualcomm appoints James Thompson as new CTO
Mr. Thompson has been a member of Qualcomm's Executive Committee since 2012 and has led QCT engineering since 2004 with responsibility for creating and executing on our industry-leading roadmap.
Throughout his tenure, Mr. Thompson has served in critical engineering leadership roles as the company established our leads in WCDMA, LTE, Wi-Fi, camera, video, graphics, audio and DSP technologies.
Mr. Thompson received his bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as his doctorate in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals appoints Nancy Ryan Gray to board
- Inseego appoints Stephen Smith as CFO
- Andy Page joins Livongo Health as CFO
- Hudson Pacific Properties adds Andrea Wong to board
- NuVasive appoints Rajesh J. Asarpota as CFO
More inside POST
ON Semiconductor Q2 profit surges Earnings