Qualcomm appoints James Thompson as new CTO
Mr. Thompson has been a member of Qualcomm's Executive Committee since 2012 and has led QCT engineering since 2004 with responsibility for creating and executing on our industry-leading roadmap.
Throughout his tenure, Mr. Thompson has served in critical engineering leadership roles as the company established our leads in WCDMA, LTE, Wi-Fi, camera, video, graphics, audio and DSP technologies.
Mr. Thompson received his bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as his doctorate in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Penumbra appoints Bridget O'Rourke to board
- Adverum Biotechnologies adds Richard N. Spivey to board
- Lombard Medical appoints Kurt Lemvigh as CEO
- CareDx appoints Michael Bell as CFO
- Visa appoints John F. Lundgren as director
More inside POST
Sick leave: 'hero boss' vs 'hero employee' Leadership
Don't even dream about fast success Leadership