pSivida appoints vice president, CMO
Dr. Paggiarino brings more than 25 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry. He joined pSivida from Lpat where he served as senior vice president and chief development officer.
Prior to joining Lpath, Dr. Paggiarino was vice president and therapeutic unit head for retina diseases at Alcon Laboratories, a division of Novartis.
He previously served as executive director of clinical development and medical affairs at Pfizer Global R&D.
Earlier in his career Dr. Paggiarino held research and development positions at Angelini Pharmaceuticals where he advanced to president of the firm, and Pharmacia Global R&D, where he was clinical program director of ophthalmology.
Dr. Paggiarino earned his degree in Medicine and General Surgery cum laude from the University of Rome La Sapienza and has authored numerous scientific articles. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Massachusetts
- Haemonetics Corporation appoints Robert E. Abernathy to board
- Tetraphase Pharma appoints Kamalam Unninayar as CFO
- Boston Biomedical appoints Edgar Braendle as vice president
- Analogic Corporation appoints Joseph Whitters to board
- Eleven Biotherapeutics appoints Richard F. Fitzgerald as interim CFO
More inside POST