Primero Mining appoints Damien Marantelli as COO
Mr. Marantelli brings over 35 years of international experience in the mining industry, including senior management positions with First Quantum, Inmet and WMC Resources. He held the role of General Manager of the Sentinel copper mine in development by First Quantum Minerals.
Mr. Marantelli was also the Managing Director of First Quantum's (previously Inmet's) Las Cruces copper mine and the Managing Director of the Çayeli underground copper and zinc mine.
He was the General Manager of BHP Billiton's (previously WMC Resources) Mount Keith operations.
Mr. Marantelli received a Diploma of Engineering (Mining) from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, and a Diploma of Business (Frontline Management) from Excel Consulting Australia.
He is a long standing member of the Australian Institute of Mining & Metallurgical Engineers. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Ontario
- Canada Goose appoints John Davison to board
- Sphere 3D appoints Cheemin Bo-Linn to board
- Ascendant Resources appoints Mark Brennan as executive chairman
- Titan Medical appoints Curtis R. Jensen as vice president
- Manulife promotes Roy Gori to president
More inside POST