Powell Industries names Brett Cope president and CEO
Mr. Cope was also named to the Board of Directors effective October 1st. Mr. Cope joined Powell in December 2010 as Vice President of Sales and Marketing and has served as Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer since December 2015.
During the 20 years prior to joining Powell, Mr. Cope held roles of increasing responsibility at ABB, an international provider of power and automation products enabling the utility, industrial, transportation and infrastructure industries.
Mr. Cope holds a bachelor's degree in Applied Science from Miami University of Ohio.
Thomas Powell has served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Powell on an interim basis since December 2015.
Mr. Powell, who has served as the Company's Chairman of the Board since 1984, will relinquish the role of President and Chief Executive Officer and again serve as non-executive Chairman of the Board, effective October 1, 2016. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- Omega Protein Corporation appoints Celeste Clark to board
- Energy XXI appoints Douglas E. Brooks as CEO
- Kimberly-Clark names Larry P. Allgaier president for North America
- InTech Aerospace promotes Scott Mowery to COO
- Francesca's appoints Philip Bleser to board
More inside POST