Plant Health Care CEO Paul Schmidt to step down
Mr. Schmidt has served as Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Board since April 2013. He has extensive operational experience in the agriculture industry, having served as President of Merck/EMD Crop Bioscience.
In February 2011, Mr. Schmidt oversaw the sale of the business to Novozymes.
He served in senior roles in the United States, Germany and Canada during 25 years with Bayer CropScience and its predecessor companies, most recently as Vice President and Global Head of New Business Ventures where he had responsibility for developing new business opportunities in the areas of nutrition, health and biomaterials.
Mr. Schmidt graduated from the University of Saskatchewan with a BSA in Agronomy in 1980.
He is a member of the board of directors of Alberta Innovates BioSolutions (Province of Alberta Corporation), a research agency funded by the Government of Alberta that works to grow prosperity in Alberta’s agriculture, food and forestry sectors. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM North Carolina
- G1 Therapeutics appoints Sir Andrew Witty to board
- Select Bancorp promotes Lynn H. Johnson to COO
- Extended Stay America appoints Jodie W. McLean as independent director
- Snyder's-Lance appoints Brian Driscoll as CEO
- BioCryst Pharmaceuticals appoints Robert A. Ingram as chairman
More inside POST