Pier 1 Imports names Terry London interim president and CEO
Mr. London has served as the non-executive Chairman of the Board of Directors of Pier 1 Imports since June of 2012 and has been a director since 2003.
Until July of 2015 Mr. London served as Chairman of the Board of London Broadcasting Company, Inc. which he founded in 2007 to identify and acquire media and entertainment companies. Mr. London is also a member of the Board of Johnson Outdoors, Inc..
He was previously President and CEO of Gaylord Entertainment Company, a diversified media and entertainment company, and a member of the Board of Directors of Bass Pro Shops, Inc.
He began his career with KPMG and is a Certified Public Accountant.
Mr. London’s appointment will become effective January 1, 2017, in conjunction with the planned departure of Alex W. Smith, Pier 1 Imports’ current President and CEO on December 31, 2016. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- Anadarko Petroleum appoints Danny Brown to SVP
- ConocoPhillips appoints Caroline Maury Devine to board
- Pier 1 Imports appoints Darla D. Ramirez as interim CFO
- Tuesday Morning appoints James T. Corcoran as director
- Reddy Ice appoints Deborah Conklin as CEO
More inside POST