Philips appoints Sophie Bechu as chief of operations
Ms. Bechu, who joins Philips from International Business Machines Corp. (IBM), becomes a member of Philips’ Executive Committee.
Ms. Bechu worked for more than 30 years at IBM, most recently as Vice President, Strategic Outsourcing, North America Delivery.
In this role, she was responsible for the IT services delivery for clients in North America and this portfolio included Healthcare and Life Sciences businesses in the U.S.
Ms. Bechu holds a degree in Engineering from the Ecole Superieure d’Electricite, Paris, France.
She succeeds Pasquale Abruzzese, who left Philips in May of this year for personal reasons. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM the Netherlands
- Paulo Rodrigues da Silva named CEO of Euronext Lisbon
- Global Telecom and Vimpelcom name Matthieu Galvani CEO of Djezzy
- Kimberly Enterprises appoints Sagee Kadosh to board
- UniQure names Matthew Kapusta CEO
- Shell CFO Simon Henry steps down
More inside POST