Petco chairman and CEO Jim Myers to retire
Mr. Myers joined Petco in 1990 and has been a key leader in building and growing the company from a regional player into a national pet specialty retail chain with more than 1,470 Petco and Unleashed by Petco stores in the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico.
As part of Petco's long-term succession plan, company President and Chief Merchant, Brad Weston, who joined Petco in 2011, will succeed Mr. Myers as CEO as of February 1, 2017.
Prior to joining Petco, Mr. Weston held senior leadership roles at Dick's Sporting Goods, May Merchandising Company and Robinsons-May. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Banc of California names Doug Bowers as CEO
- Reed's appoints Stefan Freeman as interim CEO
- Heron Therapeutics appoints Robert E. Hoffman as CFO
- Penumbra appoints Bridget O'Rourke to board
- Adverum Biotechnologies adds Richard N. Spivey to board
More inside POST