PepsiCo elects Darren Walker to its board of directors
Mr. Walker currently serves as President of the Ford Foundation, the second largest private foundation in the United States, and also chairs the United States National Advisory Board on Impact Investing.
Prior to joining the Ford Foundation in 2010, Mr. Walker served as Vice President at the Rockefeller Foundation since 2005, where he oversaw numerous initiatives, including the effort to rebuild New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina.
He also served as chief operating officer of the Abyssinian Development Corporation, Harlem's largest community development organization, from 1995 to 2002. Earlier in his career, he worked in international law and finance at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton and UBS.
Mr. Walker is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and was named one of the "100 Most Influential People in the World" by Time magazine in 2016.
He holds a J.D., B.S. and B.A. from The University of Texas at Austin. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Barnes & Noble Education appoints Michael P. Huseby as CEO
- Omnicom Group appoints Gracia Martore as director
- Bank of New York names Charles W. Scharf as CEO
- Sterling Bancorp appoints Christina M. Favilla as COO
- Interpublic Group names E. Lee Wyatt Jr. as independent director
More inside POST