Paddy Power director Stewart Kenny to step down
Mr. Kenny was a co-founder of Paddy Power in 1988. He has considerable experience in the betting industry and has established two successful bookmaking firms.
Mr. Kenny trained with Ladbrokes in London for two years before establishing a chain of betting shops, Kenny O’Reilly Bookmakers.
He sold that business to Coral in 1986 and subsequently re-entered the business, opening ten betting shops between 1986 and 1988.
Mr. Kenny was Group Chief Executive from 1988 to 2002, and Chairman from 2002 to 2003. He has been a member of the Bookmaking Risk Committee since June 2006 and was appointed as a member of the Nomination Committee in July 2012. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Ireland
- Cairn Homes appoints Timothy Kenny as CFO
- C&C Group appoints Jim Clerkin as director
- Permanent TSB Group names Robert Elliott as chairman
- Bank of Ireland CEO Richie Boucher to step down
- Kenmare Resources appoints Peter Bacchus to board
More inside POST