Orvana Minerals appoints James Gilbert as chairman
Mr. Gilbert is an accomplished senior mining executive with extensive leadership and governance experience, along with international investment, financing and corporate transaction expertise. He previously served as a director of the Company from August 2009 through February 2012.
Mr. Gilbert is currently an executive officer of Minera S, an affiliate of Orvana's majority shareholder Fabulosa Mines Limited, and previously served as President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of First Point Minerals Corp. and Minera.
Mr. Gilbert has also held senior positions with Gerald Metals Inc., Rothschilds Inc. and Coopers & Lybrand.
He has an MBA from the Wharton School of Business and a BA from Bucknell University. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Ontario
- United Van Lines (Canada) names Dan Lawrence president
- Jamieson Wellness appoints Angela Holtham to board
- Hudson's Bay Company appoints Edward Record as CFO
- Western Uranium appoints Russell Fryer as executive chairman
- CIBC adds Michelle L. Collins to board
More inside POST
The best moment to ask for a raise Leadership