Orvana Minerals appoints James Gilbert as chairman
Mr. Gilbert is an accomplished senior mining executive with extensive leadership and governance experience, along with international investment, financing and corporate transaction expertise. He previously served as a director of the Company from August 2009 through February 2012.
Mr. Gilbert is currently an executive officer of Minera S, an affiliate of Orvana's majority shareholder Fabulosa Mines Limited, and previously served as President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of First Point Minerals Corp. and Minera.
Mr. Gilbert has also held senior positions with Gerald Metals Inc., Rothschilds Inc. and Coopers & Lybrand.
He has an MBA from the Wharton School of Business and a BA from Bucknell University. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Ontario
- Sphere 3D appoints Cheemin Bo-Linn to board
- Ascendant Resources appoints Mark Brennan as executive chairman
- Titan Medical appoints Curtis R. Jensen as vice president
- Manulife promotes Roy Gori to president
- Cipher Pharmaceuticals appoints Robert D. Tessarolo as CEO
More inside POST