Orvana Minerals appoints James Gilbert as chairman
Mr. Gilbert is an accomplished senior mining executive with extensive leadership and governance experience, along with international investment, financing and corporate transaction expertise. He previously served as a director of the Company from August 2009 through February 2012.
Mr. Gilbert is currently an executive officer of Minera S, an affiliate of Orvana's majority shareholder Fabulosa Mines Limited, and previously served as President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of First Point Minerals Corp. and Minera.
Mr. Gilbert has also held senior positions with Gerald Metals Inc., Rothschilds Inc. and Coopers & Lybrand.
He has an MBA from the Wharton School of Business and a BA from Bucknell University. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Ontario
- Cipher Pharmaceuticals appoints Robert D. Tessarolo as CEO
- INV Metals appoints William Shaver as COO
- Mitel appoints Martha Bejar to board
- Logiq Asset Management appoints Stasha Ninkovic as COO
- Corby Spirit and Wine appoints new director
More inside POST