Novanta names Matthijs Glastra CEO
Mr. Glastra currently serves as Novanta's Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Glastra joined Novanta Inc. in 2012 as Group President, and was appointed the Company's Chief Operating Officer in February 2015.
Prior to Novanta, he led and grew global technology businesses in industrial and medical end-markets during an 18-year career with Philips, both in Europe as well as Silicon Valley.
He most recently served as Chief Executive Officer of Philips Entertainment Lighting and as Chief Operating Officer of Philips Lumileds.
Prior to that, he held multiple general manager and leadership positions at various Philips divisions, including the Healthcare division.
Mr. Glastra holds a Master of Science Degree in Applied Physics from Delft University of Technology, an Advanced Engineering Degree from ESPCI in Paris, France, and an MBA from INSEAD in Fontainebleau, France.
He will succeed John Roush as Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Roush will continue to serve in an advisory role after September 1, 2016 for a limited transition period. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Massachusetts
- Haemonetics Corporation appoints Robert E. Abernathy to board
- Tetraphase Pharma appoints Kamalam Unninayar as CFO
- Boston Biomedical appoints Edgar Braendle as vice president
- Analogic Corporation appoints Joseph Whitters to board
- Eleven Biotherapeutics appoints Richard F. Fitzgerald as interim CFO
More inside POST
Bed Bath & Beyond Q2 profit declined Earnings