Northrop Grumman elects Mark Welsh III to its board
Prior to his current position as Dean of the Bush School of Government and Public Service at Texas A&M University, Mr. Welsh served as Chief of Staff of the U.S. Air Force, the senior uniformed Air Force officer responsible for the organization, training and equipping of active-duty, Guard, Reserve and civilian forces serving in the United States and overseas.
During his long career, Mr. Welsh also served as a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Commander of the U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Commander of NATO’s Air Command, Associate Director for Military Affairs at the Central Intelligence Agency and Commandant of the United States Air Force Academy.
Mr. Welsh earned a bachelor’s degree from the U.S. Air Force Academy, a master’s degree in computer resource management from Webster University, and graduated from the Army Command and General Staff College, the Air War College and the National War College. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Virginia
- Old Point Financial Corporation appoints Jeffrey W. Farrar as CFO
- Virginia Commonwealth Bank appoints Bill Bien as SVP
- National Bankshares appoints F. Brad Denardo as new CEO
- Bechtel appoints Brendan Bechtel as chairman
- Highlands Bankshare appoints John H. Gray as CFO
More inside POST