News Corp director Elaine L. Chao to resign
Ms. Chao served as the U.S. Secretary of Labor from 2001 to 2009. She has been a Distinguished Fellow at The Heritage Foundation, a research and educational organization based in Washington, D.C., since 2009.
Previously, Ms. Chao served as the President and CEO of United Way of America from 1992 to 1996. Her prior government service includes serving as Director of the Peace Corps and as Deputy Secretary at the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Before that Ms. Chao was a Vice President at Bank of America and a banker with Citicorp, N.A.
Ms. Chao was elected to boards of Wells Fargo & Company, Dole Food Company, and Protective Life Corporation.
She earned her MBA from the Harvard Business School and is the recipient of 34 honorary doctorate degrees. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- CBS Corporation extends agreement with CEO Leslie Moonves
- iFresh appoints Alfred Chung-Chieh Ying as CFO
- Ralph Lauren Corporation names Patrice Louvet president and CEO
- AIG appoints Brian Duperreault as CEO
- Hardinge appoints Charles P. Dougherty as CEO
More inside POST