Neon Therapeutics appoints Hugh O'Dowd as CEO
Mr. O'Dowd joins Neon Therapeutics from Novartis, where he spent more than 20 years in a variety of leadership roles, including chief commercial officer and head of global strategy of Novartis Oncology.
In this role, Mr. O'Dowd was responsible for global commercialization for the oncology portfolio, including Global Brand Leadership, Health Economics & Pricing, Early Phase Commercial Development, Strategic Capabilities, Business Development & Licensing and Global Sales Excellence.
Mr. O'Dowd began his career in pharmaceuticals in 1992 at Glaxo in sales, and moved to Novartis in 1996.
Following a career of increasing levels of responsibility in sales and marketing, he took a leading role in the commercialization of Gleevec before overseeing the entirety of Novartis Oncology commercialization and strategy in 2011.
Since 2015, Mr. O'Dowd was country president and general manager in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Mr. O'Dowd holds a B.A. from Loyola University Chicago, and an MBA from the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business at DePaul University Chicago. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Massachusetts
- Haemonetics Corporation appoints Robert E. Abernathy to board
- Tetraphase Pharma appoints Kamalam Unninayar as CFO
- Boston Biomedical appoints Edgar Braendle as vice president
- Analogic Corporation appoints Joseph Whitters to board
- Eleven Biotherapeutics appoints Richard F. Fitzgerald as interim CFO
More inside POST