MyoKardia appoints David Meeker to board
Dr. Meeker is executive vice president and head of Sanofi Genzyme, the specialty care global business unit of Sanofi that focuses on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, and immunology.
As executive vice president of Sanofi, he served as a member of the executive committee.
Dr. Meeker joined Genzyme in 1994 and held positions of increasing responsibility including vice president, medical affairs, chief operating officer and ultimately president and chief executive officer.
Prior to joining Genzyme, Dr. Meeker was director of the Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic and an assistant professor of medicine at The Ohio State University.
He has authored more than 40 articles and multiple book chapters.
Dr. Meeker received his M.D. degree from the University of Vermont Medical School.
He completed the Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School in 2000. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- LPL Financial appoints Scott Seese as CIO
- S&W Seed Company promotes Mark W. Wong to CEO
- Adverum Biotechnologies appoints Athena Countouriotis as CMO
- RF Industries appoints Robert D. Dawson as CEO
- Smith Micro Software appoints Timothy C. Huffmyer as CFO
More inside POST