Muir Paterson to join Citigroup as global head of strategic shareholder advisory
Mr. Paterson brings more than 20 years of global M&A, investment banking and shareholder experience to Citi.
Mr. Paterson joins Citi from The Goldman Sachs Group, where he most recently served as COO of its M&A Shareholder Advisory group and played a key role in developing and leading its activist defense franchise.
Prior to Goldman Sachs, Mr. Paterson was the Director of Corporate Governance for Wellington Management Company, as well as the co-founder of the Special Situations Group at Institutional Shareholder Services, where he was responsible for providing research on contested M&A and proxy situations. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Verizon Communications appoints Rima Qureshi as EVP
- Bristol-Myers Squibb appoints Karen Vousden to board
- Tonix Pharmaceuticals appoints Margaret Smith Bell to board
- 21st Century Fox promotes Peter Rice to president
- Iconix Brand Group hires June K. DeFabio as EVP
More inside POST