August 23, 2017, New York, N.Y., USA - Citigroup announced that Muir Paterson will join the firm's corporate and investment banking division as global head of strategic shareholder advisory in its M&A group.
Muir Paterson to join Citigroup as global head of strategic shareholder advisoryStaff Writer | New York, N.Y., USA | Wednesday August 23, 2017 6:45AM ET
READ MOREMr. Paterson brings more than 20 years of global M&A, investment banking and shareholder experience to Citi.
Mr. Paterson joins Citi from The Goldman Sachs Group, where he most recently served as COO of its M&A Shareholder Advisory group and played a key role in developing and leading its activist defense franchise.
Prior to Goldman Sachs, Mr. Paterson was the Director of Corporate Governance for Wellington Management Company, as well as the co-founder of the Special Situations Group at Institutional Shareholder Services, where he was responsible for providing research on contested M&A and proxy situations. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Corning appoints Leslie A. Brun to board
- Goldman Sachs chief executive officer Lloyd C. Blankfein to retire
- Colgate-Palmolive promotes Noel R. Wallace to chief operating officer
- Barnes & Noble fires CEO Demos Parneros for violating company’s policies
- BNY Mellon appoints Paul Camp as treasury services CEO