Top 5 Moves
- David Sveen added to Heska's board of directors
- Maritime Bank CEO James Maas to retire
- Akamai elects Bernardus Verwaayen to board
- China Ceramics announces resignations of two board members
- Raymond Jones takes new post at Bombardier Aerospace
Don't Miss Most Read
- Time to visit Lucerne
- For a polio-free world
- Akamai to buy Prolexic for $370 million
- You can't beat the numbers: Windows 7 retail ends
- Add colors to gray winter days
- Events in July 2010
- Phu Quoc - Vietnam's pearl
- Lamborghini Blancpain
- Saab 9-3 ePower is ready for the road
- Sleeping holiday
- Tropical rain in your bathroom
- Accuphase A-200: know-how to the fullest
- New Sony Xperia 2013 models
- Lung inflammation
- Britons feels closer to New Zealand than to Europe
- Michigan improves in competitiveness
- Deal not to be missed: Gold Lamborghini Aventador
- Prescription drug deaths outnumber heroin and cocaine combined
Download Windows Gadget
Michael Kerner CEO of General Insurance at ZurichAugust 16, 2012, Zurich, Switzerland - Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) announced that Michael Kerner has been appointed CEO of General Insurance and member of the group executive committee, effective September 1, 2012, subject to regulatory approval.
Mr. Kerner is presently chief executive officer of Global Corporate in North America. Prior to taking up his current position, he was Global Chief Underwriting Officer for General Insurance and Head of Group Strategy in Zurich between 2007 and 2009.
Since he joined Zurich from the Continental Insurance Company in 1992, Mr. Kerner has held a number of senior executive positions such as Global Head of Group Reinsurance in 2006/2007, Head of Ceded Reinsurance for Zurich North America from 2002 to 2005 and Chief Operations Officer for Zurich North America Specialties before that.
Mr. Kerner is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and a member of the American Academy of Actuaries and has a bachelor of science degree in mathematics and economics from the State University of New York at Binghamton.