Top 5 Moves
- Alain Dromer new director at Henderson European
- Lockheed Martin elects Daniel F. Akerson to board
- Shell director Josef Ackermann to retire
- Honda announces executive changes at its North American operations
- Boeing SVP Wanda Denson-Low announces retirement
Don't Miss Most Read
- The first generation of smart watches
- City of dreams, Macau
- How to solve complex problems
- Telecom Italia revenues 23.4 billion euros
- The Oscars of the travel industry 2010
- The home of the world's best chocolate
- Cadillac strikes again
- Iconic AC Roadster
- I just wanna hang around
- Wall in gold, leather and textile
- The older, the better
- NOOK goes colour and social
- Swollen red gums that bleed when pressured
- Lung inflammation
- Eurozone retailers saw trade fall in February
- Brazil launches guide for foreign investors
- Breath-operated mouse for physically impaired computer users
- Study finds that stock prices can be predicted
Download Windows Gadget
Michael Kerner CEO of General Insurance at ZurichAugust 16, 2012, Zurich, Switzerland - Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) announced that Michael Kerner has been appointed CEO of General Insurance and member of the group executive committee, effective September 1, 2012, subject to regulatory approval.
Mr. Kerner is presently chief executive officer of Global Corporate in North America. Prior to taking up his current position, he was Global Chief Underwriting Officer for General Insurance and Head of Group Strategy in Zurich between 2007 and 2009.
Since he joined Zurich from the Continental Insurance Company in 1992, Mr. Kerner has held a number of senior executive positions such as Global Head of Group Reinsurance in 2006/2007, Head of Ceded Reinsurance for Zurich North America from 2002 to 2005 and Chief Operations Officer for Zurich North America Specialties before that.
Mr. Kerner is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and a member of the American Academy of Actuaries and has a bachelor of science degree in mathematics and economics from the State University of New York at Binghamton.