Top 5 Moves
- Select Comfort appoints Google's Daniel Alegre to board
- Keynote appoints Erik Prusch to board of directors
- Starbucks: John Culver group president, China and Asia Pacific
- Brian Krzanich new CEO of Intel
- Comcast Cable promoted Cathy Avgiris to CFO
Don't Miss Most Read
- I met its soul
- Heart problems in children
- Qatar to buy 5% stake in Bharti Airtel for $1.26 billion
- Food Lion invests in 178 stores, hires 800
- Coffee-maker to die for
- Avon recalls 55,000 flammable popcorn makers
- New York's $1.8 billion for Sandy approved
- Venezuela to import 50 million rolls of toilet paper
- Banco do Brasil steps in the U.S. via Florida
- UN: losses from disasters $2.5 trillion
- U.S. trade deficit shrank to $38.8 billion
- U.S. to supercharge weather computers to compete with Europe
- Southwest Airlines fined $150,000 for slow response
- Toys R Us to have 100 stores in China
- Strong yuan for Hong Kong shopping boom
Download Windows Gadget
Michael Kerner CEO of General Insurance at ZurichAugust 16, 2012, Zurich, Switzerland - Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) announced that Michael Kerner has been appointed CEO of General Insurance and member of the group executive committee, effective September 1, 2012, subject to regulatory approval.
Mr. Kerner is presently chief executive officer of Global Corporate in North America. Prior to taking up his current position, he was Global Chief Underwriting Officer for General Insurance and Head of Group Strategy in Zurich between 2007 and 2009.
Since he joined Zurich from the Continental Insurance Company in 1992, Mr. Kerner has held a number of senior executive positions such as Global Head of Group Reinsurance in 2006/2007, Head of Ceded Reinsurance for Zurich North America from 2002 to 2005 and Chief Operations Officer for Zurich North America Specialties before that.
Mr. Kerner is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and a member of the American Academy of Actuaries and has a bachelor of science degree in mathematics and economics from the State University of New York at Binghamton.
Send us your promotions
Positions and Promotions is the central place on the internet for the news on changes in top management at companies around the world. You can send us the personnel news from your company using > this form < or via email: email@example.com