Michael G. Van de Ven joins Comerica board of directors
Mr. Van de Ven is executive vice president and chief operating officer of Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Company. He will serve as a member of the board's Enterprise Risk Committee.
Mr. Van de Ven joined Southwest Airlines in 1993 and has been an officer of Southwest since 2001.
He has held various positions and responsibilities for the airline including financial planning and analysis, fleet planning, aircraft operations and schedule planning. He has served as executive vice president and chief operating officer since 2008.
Mr. Van de Ven was a senior audit manager for Ernst & Young LLP, prior to joining Southwest. He served nine years with them.
Mr. Van de Ven is a Certified Public Accountant and received a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Texas in 1984. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- Omega Protein Corporation appoints Celeste Clark to board
- Energy XXI appoints Douglas E. Brooks as CEO
- Kimberly-Clark names Larry P. Allgaier president for North America
- InTech Aerospace promotes Scott Mowery to COO
- Francesca's appoints Philip Bleser to board
More inside POST
Accenture Q2 net income $887 million Earnings