Michael G. Van de Ven joins Comerica board of directors
Mr. Van de Ven is executive vice president and chief operating officer of Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Company. He will serve as a member of the board's Enterprise Risk Committee.
Mr. Van de Ven joined Southwest Airlines in 1993 and has been an officer of Southwest since 2001.
He has held various positions and responsibilities for the airline including financial planning and analysis, fleet planning, aircraft operations and schedule planning. He has served as executive vice president and chief operating officer since 2008.
Mr. Van de Ven was a senior audit manager for Ernst & Young LLP, prior to joining Southwest. He served nine years with them.
Mr. Van de Ven is a Certified Public Accountant and received a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Texas in 1984. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- Xplore Technologies names Robert McFarland to board
- Fossil Group appoints Jeffrey Boyer as CFO
- Houston Wire & Cable elects Roy Haley to board
- Texas Instruments elects Brian Crutcher to board
- Integera appoints Joseph W. Dziedzic as permanent CEO
More inside POST
Almighty CEO Leadership