Michael G. Van de Ven joins Comerica board of directors
Mr. Van de Ven is executive vice president and chief operating officer of Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Company. He will serve as a member of the board's Enterprise Risk Committee.
Mr. Van de Ven joined Southwest Airlines in 1993 and has been an officer of Southwest since 2001.
He has held various positions and responsibilities for the airline including financial planning and analysis, fleet planning, aircraft operations and schedule planning. He has served as executive vice president and chief operating officer since 2008.
Mr. Van de Ven was a senior audit manager for Ernst & Young LLP, prior to joining Southwest. He served nine years with them.
Mr. Van de Ven is a Certified Public Accountant and received a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Texas in 1984. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- Anadarko Petroleum appoints Danny Brown to SVP
- ConocoPhillips appoints Caroline Maury Devine to board
- Pier 1 Imports appoints Darla D. Ramirez as interim CFO
- Tuesday Morning appoints James T. Corcoran as director
- Reddy Ice appoints Deborah Conklin as CEO
More inside POST
Grubhub completes acquisition of Eat24 Companies