Michael G. Van de Ven joins Comerica board of directors
Mr. Van de Ven is executive vice president and chief operating officer of Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Company. He will serve as a member of the board's Enterprise Risk Committee.
Mr. Van de Ven joined Southwest Airlines in 1993 and has been an officer of Southwest since 2001.
He has held various positions and responsibilities for the airline including financial planning and analysis, fleet planning, aircraft operations and schedule planning. He has served as executive vice president and chief operating officer since 2008.
Mr. Van de Ven was a senior audit manager for Ernst & Young LLP, prior to joining Southwest. He served nine years with them.
Mr. Van de Ven is a Certified Public Accountant and received a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Texas in 1984. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- National Instruments names Karen Rapp as CFO
- Nationstar Mortgage appoints Amar R. Patel as interim CFO
- Denbury Resources to appoint Christian S. Kendall as CEO
- Par Pacific Holdings appoints Will Monteleone as CFO
- Green Bancorp appoints Terry Earley as CFO
More inside POST
How board political ideology affects CEO pay Leadership
Renault caught in ‘emissiongate’ scandal Companies