Metminco executive director Stephen Tainton steps down
Mr. Tainton is a geologist by profession with over 30 years’ experience in the exploration and mining sector of Africa.
Whilst he has spent most of his career in South Africa, he has been involved with the evaluation of projects in some 27 different countries involving a variety of commodities.
Having started his career with Johannesburg Consolidated Investments Limited, Mr. Tainton has held various positions in management, from exploration to business development, which culminated in his holding the position of Executive Director of Western Areas, prior to the sale thereof to Gold Fields where he as Senior Consultant Strategy.
Thereafter, Mr. Tainton joined Partners in Performance, a Sydney based consultancy group, which focuses on Business Improvement. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Australia
- Metminco appoints Ram Venkat as director
- Jerry Jiao succeeds Andrew Michelmore as CEO of MMG
- BHP Billiton names Grant King independent non-executive director
- ANZ appoins wealth Australia chief investment officer
- ANZ names Lynwen Connick as chief information security officer
More inside POST