Metminco executive director Stephen Tainton steps down
Mr. Tainton is a geologist by profession with over 30 years’ experience in the exploration and mining sector of Africa.
Whilst he has spent most of his career in South Africa, he has been involved with the evaluation of projects in some 27 different countries involving a variety of commodities.
Having started his career with Johannesburg Consolidated Investments Limited, Mr. Tainton has held various positions in management, from exploration to business development, which culminated in his holding the position of Executive Director of Western Areas, prior to the sale thereof to Gold Fields where he as Senior Consultant Strategy.
Thereafter, Mr. Tainton joined Partners in Performance, a Sydney based consultancy group, which focuses on Business Improvement. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Australia
- Megaport appoints Tim Hoffman as CTO
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia CEO Ian Narev to retire
- Harvest Minerals appoints Jack James as non-executive director
- BHP Billiton appoints Ken MacKenzie as chairman
- Oilex appoints Paul Haywood as director
More inside POST