Medifast elects Daniel R. Chard as chief executive officer
Mr. Chard joins Medifast with over 25 years of direct selling and consumer products experience.
Most recently, he served as President & Chief Operating Officer of PartyLite, an affiliate of a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group.
Over his 17 year tenure at Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc., Mr. Chard held various leadership roles, including Executive Vice President of Distributor Success and then President, Global Sales & Operations from 2006 to 2015.
He served as President of Nu Skin Europe from 2004 to 2006 and in many other roles of increasing responsibility since he joined the company in 1998.
Prior to Nu Skin, Mr. Chard held marketing leadership roles at PUR Recovery Engineering and The Pillsbury Company.
He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Brigham Young University and received his Masters of Business Administration from the University of Minnesota.
Mr. Chard succeeds Michael MacDonald, who will stay with Medifast in the role of Executive Chairman of the Board. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Maryland
- McCormick & Company appoints Tony Vernon to board
- Intrexon appoints Mark Carnegie-Brown as Oxitec CEO
- Integrace Copper Ridge names Russell L. Mitchell as director
- Regenxbio names Olivier Danos chief scientific officer
- Choice Hotels appoints Keith Biumi as regional vice president
More inside POST