Mary Francis new director of Barclays
Ms. Francis has extensive board-level experience across a range of industries and is currently serving on the boards of Swiss Re Group and Ensco plc.
Ms. Francis has previously served as Senior Independent Director on the board of Centrica and a non-executive director of Aviva, Cable & Wireless Communications, the Bank of England and Alliance & Leicester.
Ms. Francis has also had a distinguished and varied executive career including twelve years at HM Treasury, before serving as Private Secretary to the Prime Minister, Deputy Private Secretary to the Queen and as Director General of the Association of British Insurers. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Red Leopard appoints Toby Hayward as CEO
- Numis Corporation appoints non-executive chairman
- Avanti Communications names Alan Paul Harper as director
- Sage Group appoints Cath Keers as director
- Mothercare appoints Gillian Kent to board
More inside POST
MBA degree doesn't guarantee leadership Leadership