Martin Daum joins Daimler management board
Since June 2009, Mr. Daum has been President and Chief Executive Officer of Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) and its affiliated companies Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Thomas Built Buses, Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation and Detroit Diesel Corporation.
Before that, Mr. Daum was a member of the management of Mercedes-Benz Trucks in Europe as Vice President Production Mercedes-Benz Trucks, and at the same time was responsible for the Mercedes-Benz plant in Wörth, the world’s biggest truck plant.
Mr. Daum started his career in the trainee executive group of the Daimler-Benz AG in 1987.
He succeeds in this position to Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard, who is leaving the company of his own volition and for personal reasons. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Germany
- Nordex appoints José Luis Blanco as CEO
- Sirius Real Estate appoints Justin Atkinson as director
- Unify names industry veteran Paul Cunningham as CMO
- BASF appoints new oilfield & mining chief
- Hoffmann Group appoints new digital business director
More inside POST
Raise your standards day by day Leadership