Marston's appoints Matthew Roberts as non-executive director
Mr. Roberts will also be a member of the Audit Committee. Mr. Roberts brings with him significant experience of both the property and multisite consumer retail and leisure sectors.
He is currently Chief Financial Officer of Intu Properties plc (previously Capital Shopping Centres plc), a FTSE100 listed business.
Prior to this, Mr. Roberts was Chief Financial officer of Gala Coral Group Ltd from 2004 to 2008.
Mr. Roberts held a number of senior roles with The Burton Group from 1989 to 1998, spanning group finance, corporate development and IT, during which time he lead the demerger of Debenhams in 1998.
He was Finance Director of Debenhams from 1996 to 2003.
Mr. Robertsis a qualified Chartered Accountant (FCA), having trained with Coopers & Lybrand from 1985 to 1989, where he worked across corporate finance, audit and business service departments before moving into retail. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- NewVoiceMedia appoints president and COO to strengthen U.S. presence
- Zotefoams appoints Doug Robertson as non-executive director
- Rotork to appoint Peter Dilnot as non-executive director
- Stephen Bentley to join Frenkel Topping Group as CFO
- 1Spatial appoints Francis Small as director
More inside POST