Marco Gobbetti to join Burberry Group as CEO
Mr. Gobbetti will initially hold the role of Executive Chairman, Asia Pacific and Middle East until July 4, 2017.
On July 5, 2017, he will become Chief Executive Officer and will join the Board on that date.
Mr. Gobbetti is currently Chairman and CEO of French luxury brand, Céline. This is a position he has held since 2008.
Prior to joining Céline, he was the Chairman and CEO of Givenchy between 2004 and 2008. Before this he was CEO of Moschino.
From 1984 to 1989, he worked with Bottega Veneta as Sales Director for the United States and subsequently as Marketing & Sales Director, prior to joining the Valextra brand as Managing Director.
Mr. Gobbetti holds a degree in Business Administration from the American University in Washington and a Masters in International Management from the American Graduate School of International Management in Phoenix, Arizona. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Rentokil Initial appoints Sir Crispin Davis as non-executive director
- Barclays appoints Matthew Lester as non-executive director
- Drax Group appoints David Nussbaum as non-executive director
- Genesis Emerging Markets Fund appoints Katherine Tsang as non-executive director
- Action Hotels names Andrew Lindley finance director
More inside POST
TUI group posts narrower loss in H1 Earnings