Luke Ellis to succeed Manny Roman as CEO of Man Group
Mr. Roman will step down from Man Group’s Board on 31st August 2016 in order to take up the role of Chief Executive Officer at PIMCO from 1st November 2016.
Mr. Ellis has worked alongside Mr. Roman since 2012 as President of the firm.
Mr. Ellis was previously President of Man Group, having joined the firm in 2010, and a member of the Man Group Executive Committee. He is responsible for managing Man Group’s four investment units, Man AHL, Man GLG, Man Numeric and Man FRM.
Prior to this, Mr. Ellis was Head and CIO of Man Group’s Multi-Manager Business and Non-Executive Chairman of GLG’s Multi-Manager activities. He was Managing Director of FRM and ran the business from 1998 to 2008.
Before joining FRM, he was a Managing Director at JPMorgan and Global Head of Equity Derivatives and Equity Proprietary Trading.
Jonathan Sorrell will continue as President of the firm alongside his role as Chief Financial Officer. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Rentokil Initial appoints Sir Crispin Davis as non-executive director
- Barclays appoints Matthew Lester as non-executive director
- Drax Group appoints David Nussbaum as non-executive director
- Genesis Emerging Markets Fund appoints Katherine Tsang as non-executive director
- Action Hotels names Andrew Lindley finance director
More inside POST
What your superior likes to hear from you Leadership