Luke Ellis to succeed Manny Roman as CEO of Man Group
Mr. Roman will step down from Man Group’s Board on 31st August 2016 in order to take up the role of Chief Executive Officer at PIMCO from 1st November 2016.
Mr. Ellis has worked alongside Mr. Roman since 2012 as President of the firm.
Mr. Ellis was previously President of Man Group, having joined the firm in 2010, and a member of the Man Group Executive Committee. He is responsible for managing Man Group’s four investment units, Man AHL, Man GLG, Man Numeric and Man FRM.
Prior to this, Mr. Ellis was Head and CIO of Man Group’s Multi-Manager Business and Non-Executive Chairman of GLG’s Multi-Manager activities. He was Managing Director of FRM and ran the business from 1998 to 2008.
Before joining FRM, he was a Managing Director at JPMorgan and Global Head of Equity Derivatives and Equity Proprietary Trading.
Jonathan Sorrell will continue as President of the firm alongside his role as Chief Financial Officer. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- John Lewis Partnership appoints Laura Wade-Gery as director
- 40% of senior executives to leave Reckitt Benckiser
- Oxford Immunotec Global appoints Stefan Linn as COO
- Terra Firma Capital appoints Jerry Patava to board
- Willis Towers Watson announces Michael J. Burwell as CFO
More inside POST