Lufthansa: Thorsten Dirks to oversee Eurowings expansion
Mr. Dirks holds a master degree in engineering and began his career with the German air force. His career has taken him to a wide variety of positions in the technologically and structurally highly dynamic and very price-sensitive telecommunications sector.
From 2003 onwards, he built the mobile provider E-Plus, leading the company as Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board since 2007.
After E-Plus was folded into the Telefonica Group, Mr. Dirks took over as CEO of Telefonica Deutschland AG in 2014. As the president of the industry association Bitkom, he has represented the interests of the digital economy since 2015.
He will be succeeding Karl Ulrich Garnadt, who will be retiring from the Executive Board when his contract ends on 30 April 2017. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Germany
- Nordex appoints José Luis Blanco as CEO
- Sirius Real Estate appoints Justin Atkinson as director
- Martin Daum joins Daimler management board
- Unify names industry veteran Paul Cunningham as CMO
- BASF appoints new oilfield & mining chief
More inside POST
Think twice before going public Leadership