Legal & General names John Kingman as group chairman
Sir John has had an extensive Whitehall career, culminating as Second Permanent Secretary of HM Treasury, where his responsibilities variously included serving as Managing Director of the Finance and Industry Directorate, and Managing Director of the Public Services and Growth Directorate.
Sir John was also CEO of UK Financial Investments, with responsibility for managing the Government’s shareholdings in Lloyds Bank Plc, Royal Bank of Scotland Plc, and Northern Rock Plc.
He has spent time in the private sector as a managing director of NM Rothschild, where he was global co-head of the Financial Institutions Group.
Sir John will succeed Rudy Markham, who began the search and appointment process for the new Chairman whilst Senior Independent Director, and has served as Interim Chairman since John Stewart’s retirement from the Board on 1 June. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- NewVoiceMedia appoints president and COO to strengthen U.S. presence
- Zotefoams appoints Doug Robertson as non-executive director
- Rotork to appoint Peter Dilnot as non-executive director
- Stephen Bentley to join Frenkel Topping Group as CFO
- 1Spatial appoints Francis Small as director
More inside POST