Lancashire Holdings appoints director
Mr. Dawson has more than 35 years' experience in the insurance industry, having started his career at Lloyd's in 1979. He joined Cox Insurance in 1986 where he was the chief executive from 1995 to 2002.
In 1991, Mr. Dawson formed and became the underwriter of Cox's and subsequently Chaucer's specialist nuclear syndicate 1176. His responsibilities to Chaucer and syndicate 1176 remain unchanged.
Between 2005 and 2008 Mr. Dawson was appointed as chief executive of Goshawk Insurance Holdings and its subsidiary Rosemont Re, a Bermuda reinsurer.
He served on the Council of Lloyd's from 1998-2001 and on the Lloyd's Market Board from 1998 to 2002. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals elects David Norton to board
- John Lewis Partnership appoints Laura Wade-Gery as director
- 40% of senior executives to leave Reckitt Benckiser
- Oxford Immunotec Global appoints Stefan Linn as COO
- Terra Firma Capital appoints Jerry Patava to board
More inside POST