Kroger names Dennis Gibson president of King Soopers
Mr. Gibson brings 40 years of retail industry experience to his new role. He began his career in 1976 with Grand Central discount department stores in Salt Lake City, Utah.
He joined Fred Meyer in 1984, where he held leadership roles of increasing responsibility for the next 27 years including store and district management, regional director and group vice president for store operations.
In 2011, Mr. Gibson was named vice president of operations in Kroger's Columbus division, and in 2013 he was named to vice president of merchandising. He was promoted to his current role in 2014.
Mr. Gibson replaces Russ Dispense, who recently announced his retirement after 51 years of service. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Ohio
- Macy’s appoints Hal Lawton as president
- Goodyear appoints Christopher Helsel as chief technology officer
- Civista Bancshares adds M. Patricia Oliver to board
- Workhorse Group appoints Paul Gaitan as CFO
- DSW appoints Peter Cobb to board
More inside POST