Kroger announces retirement of Roundy's CEO Bob Mariano
Mr. Mariano began his career in the grocery industry in 1967, when he worked as a part-time deli clerk at Dominick's supermarket in Chicago. He served in various roles of increasing responsibility, including senior vice president, before being named president and CEO of Dominick's in 1995.
He led the company through an initial public offering in 1996 before the company was purchased by Safeway in 1998. Mr. Mariano took on leadership of Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc. in 2002.
Don Rosanova, president of Mariano's, and Michael Marx, president of Roundy's Supermarkets Wisconsin, will continue to serve in their current roles leading the two supermarket divisions. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Ohio
- Robert Kraft to join Hillman as CFO
- Bravo Brio Restaurant Group names Diane D. Reed as CFO
- Convergys appoints Robert E. Knowling, Jr. to board
- Jeffrey E. Dearduff joins Austin Company as corporate director
- Abercrombie & Fitch appoints Scott D. Lipesky as CFO
More inside POST