Kirkland's strengthens executive team
Mr. Cairnes brings 25 years of experience in home décor retailing and manufacturing to Kirkland's.
Mr. Cairnes was most recently with Michael's Stores, where he served concurrently as President of its Aaron's Brothers retail business, since 2015, and President of its Artistree framing business, since 2007.
Prior to Michael's, Mr. Cairnes held senior leadership positions at Brushstrokes, a publisher of art canvases, and Larson-Juhl, a manufacturer of home décor products.
He also has served as a board and strategy advisor to Bain Capital and Blackstone.
In addition, Sarah Hussey recently joined Kirkland's as Vice President of Planning and Allocation.
Prior to joining Kirkland's in the third quarter of 2016, Ms. Hussey worked in similar roles at Sports Authority, since 2000, and held merchandising roles at both Macy's and Hess's Department Stores. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Tennessee
- Bridgestone Americas appoints Stefano Mezzabotta as CIO
- Bridgestone Americas names new president of BATO for U.S. & Canada
- Surgery Partners appoints Clifford Adlerz as interim CEO
- Hankook Tire America appoints two managers
- Fred's appoints Jason Jenne as CFO
More inside POST