John Menzies appoints Dermot F Smurfit as independent chairman
Mr. Smurfit's appointment will be effective from the next meeting of the Board on July 25, 2016.
Mr. Smurfit is currently Chairman of Powerflute Plc and ML Capital and is a non-executive director of Timber Capital and The Forest Company Limited.
Mr. Smurfit has had an extensive executive career holding a number of positions within the Jefferson Smurfit Group and was latterly Deputy Chairman and World Vice President of Sales and Marketing. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Town Centre Securities appoints Mark Dilley as finance director
- Plus500 promotes Penelope Judd to chairman
- IGas Energy appoints two to board
- EVR Holdings appoints Ian Hanson as director
- Morgan Sindall Group appoints Tracey Killen as director
More inside POST
Creative staff lead to satisfied customers Leadership
Blackrock Q1 profit advances 22% Earnings
Deciding when 'not' to maximize profits Leadership