John Lewis of Hungerford names Gary O'Brien as chairman
Mr. O'Brien worked with companies such as Allied Lyons, Granada Group and Black & Decker and has over 15 years public company experience.
He joined Max Factor in 1982 as Deputy Managing Director and Finance Director.
Mr. O'Brien moved on to join the Board of the Burton Group in 1986 before joining the Signet Group as Group Finance Director in 1990.
More recently he has focussed on working with smaller businesses and has been involved in a management and advisory capacity within corporate finance, telecommunication, IT and financial services marketing businesses.
Mr. O'Brien is currently involved in the Internet, Retailing and Property arenas. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and the Institute of Directors. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Vesuvius appoints Holly Keller Koeppel as director
- Parity Group appoints John Conoley as non-executive chairman
- Zoltav Resources names Lea Verny as non-executive chairman
- Quixant appoints Gaye Hudson to board
- Red Leopard appoints Toby Hayward as CEO
More inside POST
Uncertainty can make people work harder Leadership