John Lewis of Hungerford names Gary O'Brien as chairman
Mr. O'Brien worked with companies such as Allied Lyons, Granada Group and Black & Decker and has over 15 years public company experience.
He joined Max Factor in 1982 as Deputy Managing Director and Finance Director.
Mr. O'Brien moved on to join the Board of the Burton Group in 1986 before joining the Signet Group as Group Finance Director in 1990.
More recently he has focussed on working with smaller businesses and has been involved in a management and advisory capacity within corporate finance, telecommunication, IT and financial services marketing businesses.
Mr. O'Brien is currently involved in the Internet, Retailing and Property arenas. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and the Institute of Directors. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Johnson Matthey appoints John O'Higgins as director
- InnovaDerma appoints Ross Andrews as director
- Quartix Holdings appoints Ed Ralph as COO
- Mitie appoints Mary Reilly as director
- Oxford Immunotec appoints Richard Wenstrup as CMO
More inside POST
AB Inbev to buy soft drinks firm Hiball Companies