John G. Stumpf resigns from Target
Mr. Stumpf was Chairman from 2010 and Chief Executive Officer from 2007 of Wells Fargo & Company until his retirement in 2016. He also served as President from 2005 to 2015.
Mr. Stumpf was Group Executive Vice President of Community Banking from 2002 to 2005. In 2000, he led the integration of Wells Fargo’s acquisition of First Security Corporation.
Beginning in 1982, Mr. Stumpf served in numerous executive capacities at Norwest Corporation, a diversified, financial services company, until its merger with Wells Fargo in 1998, at which time he became head of Wells Fargo’s Southwestern Banking Group. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Minnesota
- AgriBank names new members of the board
- Image Sensing Systems promotes Chad Stelzig to permanent CEO
- Famous Dave's of America appoints non-executive chairman
- Hormel Foods announces personnel changes
- David Berg resigns from Rezidor board of directors
More inside POST
WestJet to launch ultra-low-cost carrier Companies