John G. Stumpf resigns from Chevron
Mr. Stumpf was Chairman from 2010 and Chief Executive Officer from 2007 of Wells Fargo & Company until his retirement in 2016. He also served as President from 2005 to 2015.
Mr. Stumpf was Group Executive Vice President of Community Banking from 2002 to 2005. In 2000, he led the integration of Wells Fargo’s acquisition of First Security Corporation.
Beginning in 1982, Mr. Stumpf served in numerous executive capacities at Norwest Corporation, a diversified, financial services company, until its merger with Wells Fargo in 1998, at which time he became head of Wells Fargo’s Southwestern Banking Group. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Intel appoints two to board
- Walt Disney Company extends CEO's contract to 2019
- Ekso Bionics adds Howard Palefsky to board
- Tailored Brands promotes Bruce Thorn to COO
- Arena Pharmaceuticals names Preston Klassen as EVP, CMO
More inside POST
Almighty CEO Leadership