John G. Stumpf resigns from Chevron
Mr. Stumpf was Chairman from 2010 and Chief Executive Officer from 2007 of Wells Fargo & Company until his retirement in 2016. He also served as President from 2005 to 2015.
Mr. Stumpf was Group Executive Vice President of Community Banking from 2002 to 2005. In 2000, he led the integration of Wells Fargo’s acquisition of First Security Corporation.
Beginning in 1982, Mr. Stumpf served in numerous executive capacities at Norwest Corporation, a diversified, financial services company, until its merger with Wells Fargo in 1998, at which time he became head of Wells Fargo’s Southwestern Banking Group. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Depomed appoints Santosh J. Vetticaden as CSO
- Wells Fargo names Michael Roemer as chief compliance officer
- ARMO BioSciences appoints Joseph Leveque as CMO
- Amyris appoints Eduardo Alvarez as COO
- ChromaDex appoints Kevin Farr as CFO
More inside POST
Macedonian government turns down IMF Politics