Jim Burns joins Accela as chief financial officer
Mr. Burns joins Accela from IoT and smart city leader Silver Spring Networks, where, as CFO, he was responsible for finance, investor relations, strategic initiatives, corporate development, manufacturing and IT. Mr. Burns was named Bay Area 2016 small-cap CFO of the Year by the San Francisco Business Times.
Prior to SSNI, he held executive positions at Hewlett Packard for two decades, including CFO of HP’s Enterprise Business, COO of HP’s Services Business, as well as Vice President of HP’s Global Investor Relations.
Mr. Burns currently sits on the Advisory Board for the Leavey School of Business and Ignatian Center at his alma mater, Santa Clara University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Commerce. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Visa appoints John F. Lundgren as director
- MyoKardia appoints David Meeker to board
- Habit Restaurants appoints Douglas R. Branigan as CDO
- Michael Baker International promotes Bonnie D. Shepherd to EVP
- Comerica Bank names Andrew M. Bodisco president for East Bay
More inside POST