Top 5 Moves
- Select Comfort appoints Google's Daniel Alegre to board
- Keynote appoints Erik Prusch to board of directors
- Starbucks: John Culver group president, China and Asia Pacific
- Brian Krzanich new CEO of Intel
- Comcast Cable promoted Cathy Avgiris to CFO
Don't Miss Most Read
- I met its soul
- Heart problems in children
- Qatar to buy 5% stake in Bharti Airtel for $1.26 billion
- Food Lion invests in 178 stores, hires 800
- Coffee-maker to die for
- Avon recalls 55,000 flammable popcorn makers
- New York's $1.8 billion for Sandy approved
- Venezuela to import 50 million rolls of toilet paper
- Banco do Brasil steps in the U.S. via Florida
- UN: losses from disasters $2.5 trillion
- U.S. to supercharge weather computers to compete with Europe
- U.S. trade deficit shrank to $38.8 billion
- Southwest Airlines fined $150,000 for slow response
- Toys R Us to have 100 stores in China
- Strong yuan for Hong Kong shopping boom
Download Windows Gadget
James L. Kroeker named chief accountant at SECAugust 26, 2009, Washington, D.C., USA — Securities and Exchange Commission announced the appointment of James L. Kroeker as the Chief Accountant.
Mr. Kroeker received a Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in accounting from the University of Nebraska. Mr. Kroeker has served as Acting Chief Accountant since January 2009 and guided the day-to-day operations of the SEC's Office of the Chief Accountant during the recent economic crisis.
He served as staff director of the SEC's Congressionally-mandated study of fair value accounting standards, and has led the efforts of the Office of the Chief Accountant to address the current economic turmoil, including steps to improve off-balance sheet accounting standards.
Mr. Kroeker joined the SEC as Deputy Chief Accountant in February 2007 from Deloitte and Touche LLP, where he had been a partner in the firm's National Office Accounting Services Group.
Prior to joining Deloitte's national office, Mr. Kroeker was responsible for the audits of financial statements of several large national and multinational public companies and consulted with clients on technical accounting issues, coordinated the firm's work related to clients' mergers and acquisitions, and conducted special projects for the firm.
Send us your promotions
Positions and Promotions is the central place on the internet for the news on changes in top management at companies around the world. You can send us the personnel news from your company using > this form < or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org