Top 5 Moves
- Lockheed Martin elects Daniel F. Akerson to board
- Shell director Josef Ackermann to retire
- Honda announces executive changes at its North American operations
- Boeing SVP Wanda Denson-Low announces retirement
- BATS Chi-X Europe appoints CFO
Don't Miss Most Read
- City of dreams, Macau
- The first generation of smart watches
- How to solve complex problems
- Fraud in Mexico lowers Citigroup's results
- Bella cucina italiana
- The Oscars of the travel industry 2010
- Lamborghini Blancpain
- Saab 9-3 ePower is ready for the road
- Glorious design for the glorious new year
- Add colors to gray winter days
- Expensive gadgets worth every dollar
- Ciclotte: An artistic home fitness gadget
- Mini stroke
- Costa Rica: Banana exports stagnate
- Brazil GDP expanded 2.3%
- China plans to launch a lunar probe
- World's first green helicopter tested
Download Windows Gadget
James L. Kroeker named chief accountant at SECAugust 26, 2009, Washington, D.C., USA — Securities and Exchange Commission announced the appointment of James L. Kroeker as the Chief Accountant.
Mr. Kroeker received a Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in accounting from the University of Nebraska. Mr. Kroeker has served as Acting Chief Accountant since January 2009 and guided the day-to-day operations of the SEC's Office of the Chief Accountant during the recent economic crisis.
He served as staff director of the SEC's Congressionally-mandated study of fair value accounting standards, and has led the efforts of the Office of the Chief Accountant to address the current economic turmoil, including steps to improve off-balance sheet accounting standards.
Mr. Kroeker joined the SEC as Deputy Chief Accountant in February 2007 from Deloitte and Touche LLP, where he had been a partner in the firm's National Office Accounting Services Group.
Prior to joining Deloitte's national office, Mr. Kroeker was responsible for the audits of financial statements of several large national and multinational public companies and consulted with clients on technical accounting issues, coordinated the firm's work related to clients' mergers and acquisitions, and conducted special projects for the firm.