IQE appoints Phil Smith as non-executive director
Mr. Smith became Chairman of Cisco for the UK and Ireland in August 2016, after eight years as Chief Executive. Mr. Smith is also the Chairman of Innovate UK and Chairman of the Tech Partnership.
Additionally, he sits on the Board of the National Centre for Universities and Business (NCUB).
Mr. Smith has a 35 year track record in the technology industry in leading companies including Philips Electronics and IBM. He created Cisco's British Innovation Gateway (BIG) programme.
In September 2014 Mr. Smith was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by Birmingham City University, cited for his outstanding contribution to the IT industry, a "leader among leaders".
In March 2015 he was awarded an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws by the University of Warwick and in 2016 an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science by his alma mater, Glasgow University. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Willis Towers Watson announces Michael J. Burwell as CFO
- NewVoiceMedia appoints president and COO to strengthen U.S. presence
- Zotefoams appoints Doug Robertson as non-executive director
- Rotork to appoint Peter Dilnot as non-executive director
- Stephen Bentley to join Frenkel Topping Group as CFO
More inside POST