Intrexon senior vice president Samuel Broder to retire
Dr. Broder has an extensive career in health and previously served as Chairman of the Health Sector and Executive Vice President of Scientific and Public Affairs for Intrexon.
Prior to Intrexon, he was Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer at Celera and Senior Vice President of Research and Development at IVAX Corporation. He also served as Director of the National Cancer Institute (NCI) for six years.
During his tenure at NCI, Dr. Broder directed a number of large clinical trials and was instrumental in developing anti-cancer therapeutics as well as several drugs now widely used in the treatment of AIDS.
Dr. Broder has authored or co-authored more than 340 scientific publications, holds multiple patents, and is a member of the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences. He received his M.D. from the University of Michigan. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Maryland
- Colfax Corporation appoints Didier Teirlinck to board
- Lockheed Martin appoints Stephanie C. Hill as vice president
- Global Medical REIT president Jeffrey Busch to take CEO role
- U.S. Silica adds Diane K. Duren to board
- Robert Kiernan to join Global Medical REIT as CFO
More inside POST