International Ferro Metals names Chris Jordaan as CEO
Mr. Jordaan is a mechanical engineer who joined International Ferro Metals Limited from BHP Billiton, where he was General Manager of its Metalloys division, one of the largest producers of manganese alloys in the world since 2008.
His role encompassed all operations, human resources, finance and administration, safety, health, environment and community, capital investment and projects.
Prior to managing Metalloys, Mr. Jordaan was General Manager of Kermas' Tubatse Chrome plant (previously BHP Billiton's Samancor Chrome) until 2007.
His role included the management of a six submerged arc furnaces ferrochrome plant including pelletising, sintering and chrome recovery producing 400,000 tonnes per annum of ferrocrome. He worked at Samancor Chrome for eight years.
Mr. Jordaan holds a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering as well as a Masters Degree in Business Administration. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Australia
- Metminco appoints Ram Venkat as director
- Jerry Jiao succeeds Andrew Michelmore as CEO of MMG
- BHP Billiton names Grant King independent non-executive director
- ANZ appoins wealth Australia chief investment officer
- ANZ names Lynwen Connick as chief information security officer
More inside POST