Intel Corporation announced the resignation of Brian Krzanich as CEO and a member of the board of directors.
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich resigns, Bob Swan interim CEOStaff Writer | Santa Clara, Ca., USA | Thursday June 21, 2018 1:40PM ET
READ MOREThe board has named Chief Financial Officer Robert Swan interim chief executive officer, effective immediately.
Intel was recently informed that Mr. Krzanich had a past consensual relationship with an Intel employee.
An ongoing investigation by internal and external counsel has confirmed a violation of Intel’s non-fraternization policy, which applies to all managers.
Given the expectation that all employees will respect Intel’s values and adhere to the company’s code of conduct, the board has accepted Mr. Krzanich’s resignation.
Mr. Swan has been Intel’s CFO since October 2016 and leads the global finance, IT and corporate strategy organizations.
He previously spent nine years as CFO of eBay Inc.
Earlier, he was CFO of Electronic Data Systems Corp. and TRW Inc.
Mr. Swan has also served as CEO of Webvan Group Inc. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Twitter adds two to board
- Surgical Affiliates appoints Scott Flacks as chief operating officer
- Sangamo Therapeutics appoints Edward Rebar as senior vice president
- Banc of California promotes Jason Pendergist to executive vice president
- Phoenix American Financial Services appoints Robyn Holloway as vice president