HSBC appoints Mark Tucker as chairman
Mr. Tucker founded Prudential's Asian business and was the finance director at HBOS, will join HSBC in September from his current role as chief executive officer of pan-Asian life insurer AIA Group.
Mr. Tucker was Group Chief Executive of Prudential where he held various position, including as Founder and Chief Executive of Prudential Corporation Asia and as an executive director of Prudential plc.
Mr. Tucker served as a non-executive director of The Court of The Bank of England for the last three years and as a member of its Financial Stability Committee and Audit and Risk Committee.
He is a member of the International Advisory Committee of the International Centre for Financial Regulation.
Mr. Tucker is a graduate of the University of Leeds and is qualified as a Chartered Accountant. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals elects David Norton to board
- John Lewis Partnership appoints Laura Wade-Gery as director
- 40% of senior executives to leave Reckitt Benckiser
- Oxford Immunotec Global appoints Stefan Linn as COO
- Terra Firma Capital appoints Jerry Patava to board
More inside POST