Homology Medicines appoints Brad Smith as CFO
Mr. Smith has more than 27 years of experience.
Prior to joining Homology Medicines, Mr. Smith served as CFO of Ocular Therapeutix, Inc., where he led the company's strategic financings, including an initial public offering and subsequent follow-on offerings, and completed a development and commercialization agreement with a major biopharmaceutical company.
Previously, Mr. Smith served as CFO of several other healthcare companies, including OmniGuide Surgical, NeuroMetrix, Inc., SYNARC, PatientKeeper, Inc. and Focal, Inc.
During his career, he has been instrumental in raising more than $450 million in private and public equity and debt financing, has played a key role in business development and strategic planning functions and has successfully guided three companies through the initial public offering process.
Mr. Smith holds a B.S. in Biology from Tufts University and an M.B.A. from the Whittemore School at the University of New Hampshire, and he became a Certified Public Accountant while working at Coopers & Lybrand. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Massachusetts
- Haemonetics Corporation appoints Robert E. Abernathy to board
- Tetraphase Pharma appoints Kamalam Unninayar as CFO
- Boston Biomedical appoints Edgar Braendle as vice president
- Analogic Corporation appoints Joseph Whitters to board
- Eleven Biotherapeutics appoints Richard F. Fitzgerald as interim CFO
More inside POST
Pepsico bottom line rises 4% in Q3 Earnings