Home Retail Group CEO John Walden to step down
Mr. Walden joined Argos as Managing Director in February 2012. He started his retail career in the 1990s as Chief Operating Officer of Peapod, a pioneer in online supermarket retailing.
Mr. Walden joined Best Buy in 1999 as President of its internet and direct channels division, and over an eight year career also served as Executive Vice President, Human Capital and Leadership, and ultimately as Executive Vice President of its Customer Business Group.
Mr. Walden later moved to Sears where, as Chief Customer Officer and Executive Vice President, he led marketing, merchandising and the internet, catalogue and home services divisions.
He was President and Chief Executive Officer of Inversion Inc, a retail consultancy, and Chief Executive of Activeion Cleaning Solutions. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- John Lewis Partnership appoints Laura Wade-Gery as director
- 40% of senior executives to leave Reckitt Benckiser
- Oxford Immunotec Global appoints Stefan Linn as COO
- Terra Firma Capital appoints Jerry Patava to board
- Willis Towers Watson announces Michael J. Burwell as CFO
More inside POST