Home Retail Group CEO John Walden to step down
Mr. Walden joined Argos as Managing Director in February 2012. He started his retail career in the 1990s as Chief Operating Officer of Peapod, a pioneer in online supermarket retailing.
Mr. Walden joined Best Buy in 1999 as President of its internet and direct channels division, and over an eight year career also served as Executive Vice President, Human Capital and Leadership, and ultimately as Executive Vice President of its Customer Business Group.
Mr. Walden later moved to Sears where, as Chief Customer Officer and Executive Vice President, he led marketing, merchandising and the internet, catalogue and home services divisions.
He was President and Chief Executive Officer of Inversion Inc, a retail consultancy, and Chief Executive of Activeion Cleaning Solutions. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Elegant Hotels Group appoints Luke Johnson as director
- Serco Group appoints two directors
- Britvic appoints John Daly as chairman
- Luxfer Holdings appoints Alok Maskara to board
- Defenx appoints Franco Francione as director
More inside POST