Home Retail Group CEO John Walden to step down
Mr. Walden joined Argos as Managing Director in February 2012. He started his retail career in the 1990s as Chief Operating Officer of Peapod, a pioneer in online supermarket retailing.
Mr. Walden joined Best Buy in 1999 as President of its internet and direct channels division, and over an eight year career also served as Executive Vice President, Human Capital and Leadership, and ultimately as Executive Vice President of its Customer Business Group.
Mr. Walden later moved to Sears where, as Chief Customer Officer and Executive Vice President, he led marketing, merchandising and the internet, catalogue and home services divisions.
He was President and Chief Executive Officer of Inversion Inc, a retail consultancy, and Chief Executive of Activeion Cleaning Solutions. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Vesuvius appoints Holly Keller Koeppel as director
- Parity Group appoints John Conoley as non-executive chairman
- Zoltav Resources names Lea Verny as non-executive chairman
- Quixant appoints Gaye Hudson to board
- Red Leopard appoints Toby Hayward as CEO
More inside POST