Hiroto Saikawa appointed as Nissan CEO
Mr. Saikawa currently serves as Nissan's co-CEO and a representative director. Between April 2013 and October 2016, he was Nissan's Chief Competitive Officer.
Mr. Saikawa joined Nissan in 1977, and since 1999 he has served in a variety of senior management positions, including Chairman of the Management Committees of the Americas and Europe, as well as the Executive Vice President of Purchasing.
In addition to his responsibilities at Nissan, Mr. Saikawa is the current Chairman of the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association (JAMA).
He previously served as a member of the board of directors of Renault between 2006 and 2016.
Mr. Ghosn will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors, and he will seek a renewal of his mandate at the company's general shareholders meeting in June 2017. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Japan
- Kentaro Fujiwara took over as president, Shiseido China
- Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton to resign
- Kenichi Ohashi joins Lazard as managing director, financial advisory
- SoftBank COO Nikesh Arora to step down
- Suzuki Motor chairman to resign as CEO
More inside POST
Oman launches solar power initiative Politics