Halozyme names Mark J. Gergen as chief operating officer
Mr. Gergen joins Halozyme most recently from Mirati Therapeutics, an oncology biotech, where he was executive vice president and chief operating officer responsible for the strategy, corporate development, finance, investor relations, human resources, information technology and legal functions.
He executed multiple successful partnerships, collaborations and licensing agreements.
Before Mirati, Mr. Gergen spent 7 years at Amylin Pharmaceuticals as a member of the executive committee reporting to the CEO, where he led corporate development and alliances.
Prior to Amylin, Mr. Gergen held senior management roles for Cardionet and Advanced Tissue Sciences, as well as the large group purchasing organization, Premier, and medical device pioneer, Medtronic.
He earned his B.A. in Business Administration from Minot State University in North Dakota and J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Visa appoints John F. Lundgren as director
- MyoKardia appoints David Meeker to board
- Habit Restaurants appoints Douglas R. Branigan as CDO
- Michael Baker International promotes Bonnie D. Shepherd to EVP
- Comerica Bank names Andrew M. Bodisco president for East Bay
More inside POST