GW Pharma director, CMO Stephen Wright to retire
Dr. Wright has served as Company's Research and Development Director since January 2004 and as a Director since March 2005. He has more than 20 years of experience in drug development.
Dr. Wright was Senior Vice President of Clinical Research & Development and a member of the U.K. Board of Directors at Ipsen Limited, where he led teams responsible for regulatory success in both the United States and the European Union.
Dr. Wright also has direct U.S. drug development experience, first as Medical Director of Immunosciences, then as Venture Head of Neuroscience at Abbott Laboratories.
Dr. Wright is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh and the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine.
He is also a Visiting Professor in the School of Chemistry, Food and Pharmacy at The University of Reading and is the author of more than 100 publications, and several book chapters.
Dr. Wright received an M.D. and an M.A. in Social and Political Science from the University of Cambridge and qualified in Medicine (MBBS) at The Royal London Hospital. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Rentokil Initial appoints Sir Crispin Davis as non-executive director
- Barclays appoints Matthew Lester as non-executive director
- Drax Group appoints David Nussbaum as non-executive director
- Genesis Emerging Markets Fund appoints Katherine Tsang as non-executive director
- Action Hotels names Andrew Lindley finance director
More inside POST